Financial Aid Terminology

FAF – Financial Aid Form – Check the schools you are applying to regarding the type of form required.

FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid- Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation.

Federal Pell Grant – are usually awarded only to undergraduate students. The amount of aid you can receive depends on your financial need, the cost of attendance at your school, and more.

Federal Perkins Loan – provides low interest loans to help needy students finance the costs of postsecondary education. Students attending any one of approximately 1,700 participating postsecondary institutions can obtain Perkins loans from the school.

Federal Stafford Loan - fixed-rate student loans for undergraduate and graduate students attending college at least half-time.

Work Study – Program which assists students to find part-time jobs on or off campus and subsidizes their wages; Awarded to students with need.