- Contact the police department at 9-911 if you are on campus of 911 if you are off campus.
Suicide 911 (Emergency)
- If suicide is imminent, contact the Police Department immediately or Suicide Prevention Team at the Counseling Center at (217) 333-3704 during the office hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Any individual (friend, relative, faculty, residence hall staff) can notify the Suicide Prevention Team, (217) 333-3704, if a student they know makes a suicidal threat or attempt and is no longer in imminent danger.
- Information about Suicide Incident Reporting can be accessed via the Suicide Incident Report Form (pdf).
- Information about University of Illinois Suicide Prevention Policy
Non-suicide Psychological Emergency
- Contact the Counseling Center at (217) 333-3704, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- If the emergency is urgent in nature, please “walk-in” for services.
- For emergency services after-hours, please call the Crisis Line at (217) 359-4141.