Contact the police department at 9-911 if you are on campus or 911 if you are off campus.
Suicide 911 (Emergency)
- If suicide is imminent, contact the Police Department immediately or Suicide Prevention Team at the Counseling Center at 217-333-3704 (TTY: 217-244-9146) during the office hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Any individual (friend, relative, faculty, residence hall staff) can notify the Suicide Prevention Team, 217-333-3704, if a student they know makes a suicidal threat or attempt and is no longer in imminent danger.
- The suicide incident referral form can be completed here.
- Information about University of Illinois Suicide Prevention Policy
Non-suicide Psychological Emergency
- Contact the Counseling Center at 217-333-3704, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- For emergency services after-hours, please call the Crisis Line at 217-359-4141 (TTY: 217-352-4217).
- Trauma Response Team
- Sexual Assault
- Contact the Emergency Dean at 217-333-0050 for other emergencies.