Alcohol and Drug Counseling
Alcohol and Other Drug Office (AODO)
The Alcohol and Other Drug Office is a department of the Counseling Center. The mission of the Office is to provide services address the complex and comprehensive concerns around alcohol and other drug use as they relate to students. The primary intent is to support health, safety, and academic success of these students. All appointments are confidential.
We are located at McKinley Health Center, Room 333 and are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with voice mail after 5 p.m. daily). AOD prevention programs are available evenings and weekends. To contact the AODO, call (217) 333-7557 or fax (217) 244-5336.
The Alcohol and Other Drug Office (AODO) mission is to provide focus and structure to facilitate appropriate efforts in order to assess and address problems and substance use on campus with the intent to protect the student’s health, safety and academic success.
AODO staff members include:
- Mary Russell, Ph.D., Clinical Counselor
- Kurt Hegeman, M.S., L.C.P.C., C.A.D.C., Clinical Counselor
- Betsy Peterson, M.F.A., Education and Prevention Specialist
- Joni Pankau, Support Staff
- Jenna Reid, Graduate Assistant
- Michelle Flores, Graduate Assistant